Reply to both (is RR too hard / easy?) and (is RR marketed to dev'rs only)

Mick Collins mickclns at mac.com
Thu May 29 23:48:26 EDT 2008

Seems to me that these need to be answered together.

Personally, I would love to see, say, a 6-month trial copy of Media
bundled with certain computers.  Has Apple or certain large-scale
computer dealers been contacted about this sort of thing?  I tell
you, having HC bundled with the Macs really sold me, along with
"programming for the rest of us."  (although my first contact was as
a (mac Plus graphics) contractor at a large fed government agency, we
got a prerelease of HC and I was the one given the task of figgering
it out -- I made an interconnected series of stacks --floor plan,
personnel database, department database).  I was sold on it, and as
soon as it was released, I was successfully evangelizing about some
of the things you could do with it, including slight modifications to
the stacks shipped with it (which is another thing that I think
should be made available and known to potential users, especially if
bundled and/or a longer trial period used).