integrating rsync with Rev

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Thu May 29 19:26:40 EDT 2008

Just an update... I am stuck on this, because "expect" somehow
interferes with the downloading of larger files.

Simply running rsync from Terminal works great. (I downloaded 800MB of
large files at blazing speed with nary a hiccup)

But running a shell script:

#!/usr/bin/expect -f
spawn rsync -avzrt
revcoder at revcoders.org:/home/revcoder/public_html/
revcoder_rsync_test/ /revcoder_rsync_test
expect "connecting" { send "yes\n"}
expect "password:" { send "cookies\n"}
expect "#"

from Terminal, with:

./rsync.sh

downloads 1 or 2 files, then stalls. This is without Rev involved in
any way, so this eliminates Rev from the equation, and also makes this
post [OT]

Also, since I was reminded rsync is not on Windows machines, this
demotes rsync as a good file transfer solution for Rev, since it's Mac-
only.

Back to libURL!