Is RunRev marketed to developers mainly?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu May 29 12:25:35 EDT 2008

   > Is the programming environment made by Runtime Revolution or Mirye?
> I realize that Mirye is a marketing group, but this is really
> confusing for somebody who might be taking a look at RR for the first
> time:
>
>  From Mirye's web site:
> Mirye Software, publishers of the cross-platform application
> development system Runtime Revolution, announces....

Says it right there - we publish, they develop. We sell primarily through
reseller channels, they sell entirely direct to end users.

So much of what is involved in the marketing/selling of a company's products
are part of the trade secrets of what that company does, so that sort of
playbook strategy wont get talked about openly. I have been personally
involved in that now for almost three years with Revolution (2.6.x), and
before that, every successful launch of REALbasic (from 1.0 to 5.5) and
Valentina. Brand dilution isn't something that needs addressing compared
with the more monumental building simple awareness that the product exists
and what its value proposition is.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing