Good example/tutor for Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 29 02:50:46 EDT 2008

On 5/29/08 5:34 AM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Kay,

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 4:47 AM, william humphrey <shoreagent at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Saw your 'restrained' rant over on the Valentina site and just wish to pass
> on my sympathy:-(
>
> I too occasionally open up Valentina and just stumble too much, generally I
> just don't have the time so it's quick and dirty for me - Rev + SQL (lite or
> My) perfect.

I have not catch here. You mean that you can understand how to use REV with
SQL lite and mySQL, but cannot catch how to use it with Valentina ??

Actually Valentina for Revolution provies two sets of API:

    a) RevDB == 100% the same as for SqlLite and mySQL and rest.
        this API is explained in docs of REV itself.
        we do not repeat this in our docs. We just support it.

    b) Valentina native API.
        here we open much more features that can be used often with
        less or even without SQL.

> So I really hope someone like you will find the "aaaahhhaaa -
> that's how you do it" and then will write a very newbie orientated 'how to
> guide'

Okay, guys.

What about next idea.

You Kay, William,  express some short description on FIRST SIMPLE lesson you
need with Valentina. We will assign here somebody to write this tutorial,
then you read and do comments, we correct if needed.

If you like it, then please start first description.

----
On the other hand, guys.

Database development from one side is not so hard as somebody may to think,
>From other side it is not so easy. I do not understand how somebody can want
even start develop db not reading books about this. How you can think
develop db even with 3 tables, if you do not know what is Tables, Fields,
Indexes, Field Types, Keys, Foreign Keys, Normalization, Joins, and so on. I
do not talk here about more complex things.

Working with database -- you work in fact with mirror of real world objects
to be mapped into data model. This is not easy task :-)

Read this things at least on WEB online. May be wikipedia.

There is no any sense for us describe all this in our docs, reinventing
vehicle. Because around exists a lots of cool books written by talented
writers.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin