Client for Yahoo

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed May 28 08:54:52 EDT 2008

I looked at http://www.ycoderscookbook.com/ and on a quick glance
couldn't find anything technical that'd prohibit you from using rev.
You need to fully understand all of the following topics though
(probably even more stuff):

client-server communication basics
port, ip and socket basics
rev's way of doing socket communication with messages
different encodings like hex, binary and ascii
the binarydecode, binaryencode and baseConvert functions of rev

However, the legality of making your own client without asking yahoo
for permission is a gray area at best.

I am always happy to help people with networking, but I tend to
emphasise on how incredibly much work needs to be done to get basic
stuff working. If you can deal with that, it's best to ask me on
chatrev about the stuff I mentioned above.

cheers
Björnke