integrating rsync with Rev

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Tue May 27 12:19:10 EDT 2008

Okay, here's where I'm stuck with using rsync and Rev for remote <->
local file transfers:

The first time you run an rsync command with a certain server, you get
this prompt from rsync:

The authenticity of host 'revcoders.org (67.19.54.130)' can't be
established.
RSA key fingerprint is 9f:8c:ba:a9:5d:3f:b4:ef:f7:4a:2c:20:cd:77:b3:8c.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes

Somehow, we either need to:

1. "expect" this possible response (the first time only) and answer
"yes"

2. or, would it be a better solution to check for the key fingerprint
on the local machine and create it if necessary? Or, perhaps just
create it temporarily and delete it at the end of the session for
security purposes?

Until I figure out how to properly configure the key pairs on local
and remote machines I am stuck :-(