Possibly this is expected, but...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon May 26 13:55:17 EDT 2008

> Could it be the line that hides "Home", since StackRunner has no concept
> of a Home stack?

Yes, that would make sense - it would generate a "can't find stack" error,
which would abort the currently running handler. StackRunner does not have
built-in error reporting, because that needs to be defined at the time the
standalone is created, and although I thought about including a generic
error dialog, the look of the built-in one is funky (see
http://www.sonsothunder.com/temp.simpleerror.png), so I didn't include it.

If anyone wants me this dialog to SR, let me know by sending me email
directly, but in the meantime you can wrap your code in a try/catch/end try
block, like this (although you'd want to do more than a simple "answer" box
probably):

 on preopenStack
    try
        set the loc of me to the screenloc--centre stack
        set the fixstack of this stack to false
        hide menubar
        set the decorations of this stack to empty
        set the backdrop to black
        hide stack "Home"
        hide message
    catch pError