EXIF, iPhoto and image titles

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Mon May 26 13:04:31 EDT 2008

Eventually found a tag "Title" along with:

   - Title
   - TitleLen
   - TitleOfParts
   - TitleSortOrder

However they don't seem t be used by applications. I'm interested in having
small media packages that when added to an application, or downloaded
include the information needed to display and organise the media files. I
like this ability with EyeTV files (actually bundles) - I can move them from
drive to drive, archive to archive, or distribute them and they are indexed
and displayed including title description and a rich set of metadata by the
end user archive software.

Doing some experiments - EXIF metadata also shows up for a variety of video
files including .mov .mp4 but no .m4v. In fact there are a lot of video and
medical specific tags.

Other tags include:

   - Comment
   - Comments
   - ContentLabel
   - DisplayInfo
   - FileName
   - TopicAuthor
   - TopicKeyWords
   - TopicSubject
   - TopicTitle

If I pluck some courage up I'll try writing to some of these tags to see if
they work for image and video file Titles and Comments...