revDataFromQuery and umlauts etc.

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Tue May 20 04:42:48 EDT 2008

Does anyone have experience getting accented characters out of an
SQLite3 db using revDataFromQuery?

I've had a report of Aperture Assistant messing up any text containing
umlauts etc., this turns out to be due to revDataFromQuery doing
something weird with the returned data...

I'm running the following SQLite command:

SELECT zpropertyspecificstring from zrksearchableproperty where
zpropertyidentifieruuid = "2HyHwq42T6WfG54QHLpk3A"

via:

put revDataFromQuery(,,the propApDBID of stack "apertureLib",(the
propsql of me)) into tVID

where the propApDBID of stack "apertureLib" is the DB ID and the
propsql of me is the SQLite command.

Expected results, via SQLite Database Browser 1.3 or via the SQLite3
command line tool in Terminal:
¥
˙
†