kiosk sample stack

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon May 19 20:10:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Jim Lambert <jiml at netrin.com> wrote:
> After years, I'm finally trying Rev's database capabilities for the first
> time.
>
> Using the supplied example kiosk.rev, I instantly get a connection error
> "Access denied for user 'example'@'74.7.66.226' (Using password: YES)"
>
> No changes were made to the default info in the Database Query Builder which
> is
> type: MYSQL
> Name: Addresses
> Host: runrev.com
> database: example
> user: example
> password: example
>
> Why wouldn't this work right out of the box? Perhaps it's a more clever
> tutorial that it appears!

I expect that Rev just gave example details and that they have not
actually opened a database connection to anyone called "example".

Do you have a database server setup anywhere that you can try to
access? If not, it is very easy to install MySQL on your own Mac
<http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html>.
Download the MySQL admin tools as well
<http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html>, so that you can
create a database and setup the user privileges.

Cheers,
Sarah