OT: Web Gallerie for windows? and privacy

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 19 17:17:17 EDT 2008

tech1 wrote:
> So, did anyone get pictures of the kingsnake and kangaroo rat?  :^) That
> sounded like a great adventure.

It was a great time.  But sadly, such moments with animals are fleeting,
and both were gone long before we got the cameras out.

But if you're jonesing for a kangaroo rat pic, here are two from a trip
to Joshua Tree Phil Davis and I went on a while back:

<http://www.fourthworldlabs.com/krat/krat1.jpg>
<http://www.fourthworldlabs.com/krat/krat2.jpg>

They're quite bold for such small defenseless critters.

The king snake looked a bit young, only about two feet long. In addition
to the black and white stripes that characterize them, this one had a
bronze-ish pattern on the light areas.  Don't know if that's just an
indication of age, or maybe some species other than the California king
snakes I'd seen before.  He seemed calm enough when Andre and I were
just standing there, but as the other footsteps approached he got shy
and went into a hole.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation