Passing variables between Flash and Rev

Henk van der Velden henk at iglow-media.nl
Mon May 19 03:48:49 EDT 2008

OK, thanks a lot.

>> Flash versions have different capabilities.
>> Early versions (MX MX2004) could read files, send and receive
>> packets from
>> servers, and listen for packets from servers (variable strings or XML
>> format) using GET or POST methods.
>>

> ... and later versions can just use a local socket connection.

I'm new to the socket stuff. Can I ask a few questions about it?

1. So I can have a Flash file played through revBrowser in a Rev
application, and have that Flash file communicate with the very same
Rev application through a local socket connection?

2. A local socket, is that something like "127.0.0.0: port number"?

3. Does this approach require a specific setup of the computer?

4. Does this approach work in case of a proxy server being used on
the local network?

5. And the last one, although it is Flash related it might be of
interest to some more Rev developers: I need to use XMLSocket()?

Kind regards,

Henk
Henk v.d. Velden
iGlow Media