integrating rsync with Rev

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri May 16 18:49:05 EDT 2008

Hi Phil...

It might, but I can't get it to work.

If you try this (on OS X):

1. create a folder called "revcoder_rsync_test" in the root directory
of your main hard drive

2. open Terminal

3. enter this:

rsync -avzrt revcoder at revcoders.org:/home/revcoder/public_html/
revcoder_rsync_test/ /revcoder_rsync_test

4. you will see the following (the first time you connect):

The authenticity of host 'revcoders.org (67.19.54.130)' can't be
established.
RSA key fingerprint is 9f:8c:ba:a9:5d:3f:b4:ef:f7:4a:2c:20:cd:77:b3:8c.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

5. enter "yes"

6. response:

Warning: Permanently added 'revcoders.org' (RSA) to the list of known
hosts.
revcoder at revcoders.org's password:

7. enter "cookies"

8. Then, a couple of small pictures will download. Success!

OK, so all works well in Terminal.

Now, in Revolution:

put "/bin/bash" into tProc

     open process tProc FOR update
     write "rsync -avzrt revcoder at revcoders.org:/home/revcoder/
public_html/revcoder_rsync_test/ /revcoder_rsync_test" to process tProc
     wait 2 seconds WITH messages
     write "cookies" to process tProc

Nothing happens.

I have tried "read from process tProc until empty" after both write
commands, with no data.

??!!?