integrating rsync with Rev

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri May 16 14:29:23 EDT 2008

Thanks for the detailed example, but apparently rsync won't accept a
password this way or I just don't get it (or both :-)

So here's where I'm stuck:

In Terminal, you:

1. issue the rsync command
2. then, at the next prompt, you are asked for the server password.
Typing this and pressing enter starts the rsyncing.

I cannot figure out how to respond to this second prompt with either
"shell" or "open process-write to process".

I have tried to implement this solution:

http://www.sakana.fr/blog/2008/05/07/securing-automated-rsync-over-ssh/

for being able to automate rsync by setting up a secure an SSH key
pair, so I don't need a password, but this too is beyond my
capabilities.

Again, I would gladly finance the effort of creating a test stack and
share it, I think many developers would enjoy Rev working with rsync.