CGI Setup

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 15 18:44:12 EDT 2008

Chris Young wrote:
> Thank you Sarah, I have seen that.
> So if I want to use my Linux server, ( which is hosted
> at GoDaddy.com )
> Do I need to download the Linux version of RunRev,
>  ( does it matter what version? )  and how do I put in
> my
> registration info?  Do I Have to have some type of
> special
> access to the server or will it run without needed
> that info?

The latest version of the Linux engine used to be 2.6.1 (which still
works fine.) Now that 2.9 is released, you should be able to use that
one too, though I haven't actually tried it yet. The important part is
that you use the standalone engine, not the one from the app the IDE
uses. You can find the standalone engines in the main Rev program folder
on your hard drive, inside a folder called Runtime. You should already
have all those engines, since they are included with your Revolution
installation.

The standalone engines don't need a registration code. Just copy the
right one to your cgi-bin folder on the server.

Sometimes your scripts need to specify -ui in the declaration line, but
again, I'm not sure if that is still the case when using the standalone
engines. (I really need to get cleared up on that; does anyone know?) In
other words, you may need to do something like this in your text file
script:

#! revolution -ui

When I get some time (which at this point is dubious) I'll do some
tests. I need to update the links on that CGI web page too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com