create a menubar on mac

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue May 13 05:54:27 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Thierry <00bioarchimed at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Still struggling to understand some behavior with
>  the creation of Menubar....
>
>  Rev Studio 2.9 on MacOS Tiger.
>
>  made 3 buttons: M1 M2 and M3
>  each has few items.
>
>  When I try my stack, get the 3 menus, but can see
>  only the first item of M1 and M3, M2 is fine. The last item of
>  M3 goes under the Revolution Menu ( or Metacard ).
>  Doesn't see any difference between M1 and M2 !
>
>  I've made the menubar by hand, and then with the
>  Menu Builder.. no differences.

On Macs, the Quit menu item and the preferences menu item are moved to
the application's menu. Rev handles this by allowing you to create and
script the menus as usual, but then deleting the last two items of the
File menu, assuming they are a divider and Quit, and deleting the last
two items of the Edit menu, assuming they are a divider and
Preferences. Rev does not check to see if this is correct - it just
takes those last two items regardless. Normally, this is what you
want. The script for the Quit & Preferences items is still held in the
relevant menus.

HTH,
Sarah