Error with Quicktimeeffects.qtx identified

Craig McArthur craigam at unimelb.edu.au
Thu May 8 01:22:03 EDT 2008

This could be related to the fact that the record sound file command in rev
on Windows is broken by QuickTime 7.4. The Enhanced QuickTime extension has
been recompiled to fix some problems it was having with QT 7.4 also (thanks
Trevor). Anyone know if the record function is to be fixed? Is it fixed in
2.9? I don¹t like mciSendString...

Cheers
Craig

On 8/5/08 3:10 PM, "use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com"
<use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> When running a stack on an XP machine I get a Windows error reported as Error
> Signature with the Modname as quicktimeeffects.qtx, a ModVersion of 7.4.5.67
> and Offset 00035857 (whatever all of that means!!).  I think the error happens
> when an audio file is trying to start, but can't be sure.   The weird thing is
> I've only been getting this on one PC, others test OK.  The stack is running
> as a standalone.
>
> As far as I can tell the machine in question is in the same configuration as
> others that are OK, and the latest version of QT is loaded.
>
> Anybody have any ideas??
>
> Tnx, Bob...
>
> Bob Earp - White Rock, British Columbia.

Craig McArthur
Horwood Language Centre
School of Languages
University of Melbourne, Australia