Way to auto-run an installer when mounting internet-enabled DMG?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue May 6 09:26:50 EDT 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 12:35 AM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Sometimes when downloading DMGs of product demos from the web, it
> seems that they are able to make their DMG files "auto mount" and
> "auto run".  I know how to internet-enable a DMG file, but can
> someone tell ho one goes about making an installer auto-start when
> the DMG is mounted?

If you use a program like FileStorm there is an option to
"Automatically open volume after mounting image". This is what most
software disk images do since Safari will automatically mount the disk
image after downloading. If you set this flag then the Finder will
open a window of the disk image. I'm not sure how to configure this
without FileStorm (great little app worth picking up) but you could
look at the "hdiutil" man pages to see if you can get any info there.

Is this what you are after?

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore