Trouble exporting files in Windows using Enhanced QuickTime

Craig McArthur craigam at unimelb.edu.au
Mon May 5 20:56:01 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I am working on an app that uses Trevor Devore¹s Enhanced QuickTime external
for media file editing and exporting, and am having trouble with it on
Windows; Mac OSX is fine. The external works for any command that doesn¹t
create a file, which would indicate a file permissions problem, but I can't
work out how to fix it. The app worked fine on Win until I had to replace my
PC, which is a stock installation of Win XP SP2 with QuickTime 7.4.5, Rev
2.8.1.

I have made a small test app which demonstrates the problem, this script is
in a button:
------------------------
global pathToExportFolder
on mouseUp
    local LExportSettings

    if pathToExportFolder is empty then
        answer folder "pick a folder"
        put it into pathToExportFolder
    end if

    put pathToExportFolder & "/export_1.mov" into pathToExportedFile
    if there is a file pathToExportedFile then
        delete file pathToExportedFile
    end if

    qtGetExportSettings the moviecontrollerid of player "Player", \
        0,"movie","LExportSettings"
    if "qterr" is in the result then
        beep
        put "error 1: " & the result
        exit mouseUp
    end if

    qtExport the moviecontrollerid of player "Player", \
        0, pathToExportedFile, "movie", "LExportSettings"
    if "qterr" is in the result then
        beep
        put "error 2: " & the result
    end if

end mouseUp
On Windows, "error 2: qterr,Unable to export movie" is returned no matter
what I try...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Craig