exported image as jpg not readable on Mac

Michael mpease at lawandpolitics.com
Mon May 5 17:05:25 EDT 2008

Hi:

> set the filetype to ""
> ## before exporting images/writing files to disk...

I'm having this exact problem with exporting to a jpg.

This doesn't work in a standalone run on Mac PPC OS 10.4.9:

  [...]
  set the fileType to "" -- to force finder to use extension
  export snapshot from card 2 to file ((cd field "fdJPG" of card 1) & \
      (cd fld "fnJPG" of card 1)) as JPEG --> "card.jpg"

Neither does: set the fileType to "????JPEG".

The machine creating the standalone is Mac 10.4.11/Intel, Rev 2.9.

When using the standalone on the Intel, it works even without the "set
fileType" line, ie, Preview "owns" the file when double-clicked. When the
standalone is run on PPC, for example it has an image preview in Get Info,
and I can drag it on Safari to open, but the default app is TextEdit. All
other ".jpg" files are owned by Preview on the PPC machine.

Is there a special standalone setting for this? More ideas?

Thanks,

Michael