file related info

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 5 11:29:51 EDT 2008

-= JB =-  wrote:
> In Hypercard I had XCMD's that could check and modify
> file related info like size, creation date, modification date
> and creator.
>
> Are there any code examples available that allow me to
> check and modify file info related data.

This information can be obtained from the built-in expression:

    get the detailed files

A very convenient handler for obtaining that info is included with a lot
of other commonly-used stuff in stdLib.rev, a free open source library
available in the Files section of the Rev Interoperability Project
working group site:

  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal