Launching a web page

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri May 2 09:09:51 EDT 2008

>Hi Shari,
>
>Open up the Rev IDE and have a look at the scripts in the revCommon
>library which you can get to using the Backscripts section of the
>Message box. It contains the scripts for revGoURL and various other
>Windows-related handlers. You might be able to work out how Rev does
>it and and see if you can adapt this to your needs.
>
>Cheers,
>Sarah

Thank you, Sarah.

You give me hope :-)

I'll definitely check out the handlers there.  I had been trying to
find handlers in an old libUrl stack then realized that the reason
everybody "rolled their own" was because there was no built in call
for this.

By the way, "launch url" and all the home-rolled handlers work like a
charm on Mac.

It's that Win-Thing causing the fits.

I did learn something however from the failed attempts.  The process
I was using to go thru several attempts had a flaw.  If one fails,
try another is great but for one thing.  If the first attempt failed,
it left the process open and other attempts would throw up a "process
already open" error.  So after each failed attempt, I now have it
close the processes before attempting the next method.

Many years ago, the original methods (whatever was the first method
tried) must have been the successful ones because I never encountered
an error.  Just success.  And in the past five years, nobody has ever
emailed me and told me they could not access the web page from within
the application.

:-)

Shari

--