Can't change directory with shell(cd)

Michael D Mays michael.rr at mdmays.com
Thu May 1 22:56:42 EDT 2008

It was the two separate shell calls. I had enclosed file name in
quotes. I neglected to type them into my email (my variable names in
my script were too silly to cut and paste).

The reason I was using shell() instead of a built in Rev command were:
1.) I didn't know about it :)
2.) My first objective was to copy a file into a folder. I had used
revCopyFile and it was taking 15 seconds to copy a small file. I  new
I could use ditto and it would be (is) much faster. So I decided to
do the rest with shell().

Do you have cr defined as return?

Thanks!
Michael