question about default folders and shell (linux)

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 03:41:21 EDT 2008

Problem:  how to make sure that the default folder is set to the folder the
app is in, and that this is also the one where shell("script.sh") will be
exectuted?  Otherwise, I've encountered the problem where, when the shell is
called, its in /home/user, and cannot find the shell script, which is
in /home/user/app along with all the other app files.

Is this a reasonable way to go about it?  Say in the open stack script?

	get the specialFolderPath of ("Home")
	put it & "/tmp" into tfilepath
	set the defaultFolder to tfilepath

It seems to work from the message box - the default is indeed set to tmp, as
an example.  Is this the approved method?

I don't want to hard code it in case they move the app from one machine to
another with a different setup.  This way they do have to have the app folder
in /home, but that is reasonably understandable.

Peter