2.9 - Pasting from Excel

Bryan McCormick bryan at deepfoo.com
Sat Mar 29 21:32:48 EDT 2008

Bill,

It is also important to note that LF or CR is not preserved either. If
for example you copy a run of cells from Excel in a column (multiple
rows), they will also run together when pasted into a rev field.

This has been the behavior forever in MC and Rev as far as I know, so
technically I don't think it is a bug as much as an unexpected feature
failure?

-------------

Returns indicate rows:

10
20
30

Pasted into Rev yields

102030

-----------------

I did notice one major problem was fixed in 2.9:

In pre 2.9 when pasting from Excel with a number formatted with comma
separators for the thousands produced odd results. You would only get
the comma followed by the hundreds, tens and ones. Also you would get a
style (color) showing up where there was not one:

Excel:

1,000

Pasted into Rev pre 2.9 used to get:

,000 - and the text appears in red even though no style was applied in
Excel.