Pasting from Excel

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Mar 29 19:47:21 EDT 2008

Bryan McCormick wrote:
> Checking the clipboard to do something simple like replace tab with
> (pick a delimiter) does not work. I thought of that as well Jim, but no
> go, the tabs just do not appear to be there.

Looks like you solved the mystery: Excel's clip format is different from
its tabbed export format.

Seems Notepad (another Microsoft app) is aware of Excel's clip format,
and is able to reformat it for itself.

So the only remaining task to use the clipboard data from Excel in Rev
is to figure out the format.

It's probably using a simple one-character delimiter, and from the looks
of your earlier example perhaps the delimiter is a NULL byte.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal