Keeping a clean XP machine

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Sat Mar 29 16:21:47 EDT 2008

Thank you all for the suggestions. Quite interesting to read how many
approaches
everyone is using.

Just for the record, I've downloaded Acronis True Image which provides
back up
utilities, disk cleaning/wiping utilities, and an image utility. Seems
rather fast
and does not slow down the Windows machine at all. Cost me $49.

The Try&Decide utility feature allows you to create a temporary copy
of your hard
disk. Using this copy, you can perform changes on the system that
otherwise might not
be advisable, such as installing new software, downloading files from
the Internet, or
opening e-mail attachments. If, during these operations, the system
crashes or is infected
by a virus, you can delete the temporary duplicate and restore your
system to a known, healthy
condition. A simple reboot will restore your original hard disk and
any changes, including
the virus or other unwanted changes, will be gone.

Thanks again,

sims