REV CGIs

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Mar 26 21:50:09 EDT 2008

It could indeed be line endings. Take a look at the server's error log.
You should be able to get to it via FTP. It may have some clues.

I'm working on a "globals.cgi" script myself right now and just looked
at error log. It says:
[Wed Mar 26 18:38:20 2008] [error] [client 24.20.73.192]
/home/nweta/bin/rev29rc3: Can't open display
[Wed Mar 26 18:38:20 2008] [error] [client 24.20.73.192] Premature end
of script headers: globals.cgi

Turns out I had the wrong line endings in my script. So in TextWrangler
(Mac) I changed them to "Unix (LF)" with the little menu at the bottom
edge of the window, saved the script again and it worked! Yaaaaay.

I reverted back to the 2.6.1 engine now, and I see it runs fine there
too. It was telling me I was missing some .so files until I changed my
line endings. Wow.

HTH -
Phil