REV CGIs

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Mar 26 19:13:35 EDT 2008

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> Actually, I did upload the linux engine but I can't seem to run any
> cgi's using it.
>
> Only the .mt file produces results.
>
> Tom

I know this is obvious, but it sounds like you need to find out what's
"right" about the .mt file, and apply it to the other script files.

Some places to start:

- file permissions - apparently those of echo.mt are correct; are
permissions of other files identical to these?

- Rev engine path, stated in first line of script - make line 1 of all
scripts like line 1 of echo.mt

- I remember once having scripts disallowed from running (by Apache?)
because their filenames didn't end with ".cgi"; maybe yours have to end
with ".mt"?

- if you get "internal error" messages from the others, they may contain
script code errors.

That's about it for my bag of tricks, Tom. Hopefully someone more
cgi-competent than myself can pick this up if the above items don't
solve your problems.

Phil