2.9.0-dp-5

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 20 11:52:55 EDT 2008

Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> In just starting up a new stack, dragging any object over from the
> tool's palette, normally I would expect that I can option/drag an
> object to create another one just like it; and that works, but I would
> also expect that I could option/shift/drag an object and create
> another one just like it and in alignment with the original - either
> vertically or horizontally, depending on how I drag it. Constrained I
> believe is the word. This DOESN'T WORK.

The Shift key has many uses, constraint being just one.  The more common
usages is to extend selection, which is supported in the Rev engine.

I agree it would be nice to also support drag constraint with the Shift
key, perhaps as an option.

You can submit that request at the Rev Quality Control Center:
<http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/>

> Also, if you drag a default button over to the stack/card or whatever,
> you should not be able to drag another one to that same stack/card; or
> even option drag it to create another one.

Ideally, enforcing HIG recommendations would be a good option.  But
there are so many, where to start? :)

It might be good to at least provide a warning in such a case.

Care to suggest it?:
<http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/>

--
  Richard Gaskin