How to Use Table Fields?

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Wed Mar 19 13:27:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for this. I can't seem to get it work as documented. I have
columns as so:

column1<tab> column2<tab> column3

I set the Width of the field to 600, tabStops to 200, vgrid and hgrid
to true.

This displays 3 columns as expected, however, the middle column's
data exceeds the width of the column, but instead of truncating as
documented, it overflows into the third column. From the online help:

Any text in a column is truncated when it reaches the right edge of
the column. To show the entire contents of the column, drag over the
text to select it. If text at the end of a line does not have a tab
following it--that is, if it's the last column in the field--it is
not truncated.

Any idea how to make it function as documented?

(Eric, I tried to log on the URL you mentioned but I just get errors,
any chance of emailing me the tutorial?)

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave