[ANN] Visual Application Browser at RevLive!
jerry at daniels-mara.com
Tue Mar 18 17:11:16 EDT 2008
RevLive! Conference attendees will be among the first in the world to
see and purchase (conference discount!) the Visual Application Browser
in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 8, 2008. (As you read this announcement,
scantily-clad show girls and muscular, oil-covered men are being
contracted for this event).
Visual Application Browser has been created and developed by Daniels &
Mara--the creators of GLX2 Script Editor for Revolution based in
Austin, Texas, USA.
The Visual Application Browser (VAB) features the following:
- an easy-to-use, browse-able Object Tree
- a Live Snapshot of your object's card
- a layout manager with alignment guides that appear as you move an
object in the Live Snapshot
- a configure-able Property Editor
- a single window with Tabs just like GLX2
- direct links to and from GLX2
- a make-it-my-application-browser option
- a make-it-my-property-inspector option
With this handy tool, Revolution developers can now:
- Click an object in the Object Tree or Live Snapshot to edit its
props or move/cut/copy/paste it.
- Click an object in VAB's Live Snapshot and see where it is in VAB's
- Know in a glance the ownership hierarchy of any object while editing
- Move a control around within VAB's Live Snapshot to line it up with
some of its buddy controls.
- Move, copy, cut or paste controls to-and-from VAB's Object Tree
quick-and-easy with short-cut keys.
- Re-layer a card, control or group by dragging and dropping it within
the Object Tree.
- Edit groups by dragging and dropping controls via the Object Tree.
- Have a tab for every clicked object, just like GLX2 does with scripts.
Fledgling web site:
I've already started using an alpha verison of VAB and I have to say:
Daniels & Mara, Inc.
Makers of GLX2
More information about the use-livecode