Beware! GTX2 can cause problems

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Tue Mar 18 13:57:36 EDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 7:46 AM, Len Morgan wrote:

> When I watch the Windows Task Manager, it is Revolution that is
> taking 60-100% of the CPU time so I'm not sure where else to look.
> Perhaps there has been some sort of Windows update that doesn't show
> up in the TaskManager.  GLX is still usable,
> just slow at times.

I use Glx2 *all* day long and could not imagine life without it.  With
that in mind, problems are problems and solutions must be found.  If
you are seeing strange cpu usage, have you tried running without to
see what happens?  In most cases, high cpu usage results in something
the app you are developing is doing.  Glx2 does do some simple
polling, but this is so mild you should not even notice it.  And it is
only doing it for a few secs when a mouse is moving.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com