A chunking mystery

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 05:32:32 EDT 2008

Download "Key Detailer" from revOnline [ Under
'Richmond']

(if you don't have access to revOnline drop me a line,
off-list)

maybe the problem is that one 0 may not be the same as
another 0!

on my PPC Mac the 0 on the 'number line' above the
letters on the keyboard uses ASCII code 48, and on the
KeyPad on the right it uses ASCII 65438.

Whether RR recognises both of them as '0' or, instead,
looks at the ASCII code I just don't know.

"KEY NAMER" will give you even more information . . .

I can get a '0' by pressing SHIFT and the '0' key on
my keypad ( ASCII 65456), ALT + 0 ( ASCII 65438); in
fact I could sit here all day and, I'm sure, find
other ways to produce Zeros.

Luckily all the Zeros I've produced so far are Unicode
48.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.