Reminder: objects cannot be copied when stack is password-protected!!! Even in a standalone. Grrrrrr....

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Wed Mar 12 15:46:57 EDT 2008

The saga continues:

Setting the passkey in the preOpenStack script (or other startup
script) certainly allows a project (wherein objects need to be copied)
to function normally. But now that preOpenStack messages get sent in
the IDE in dp-5, I realize this technique of setting the passkey
defeats part of the purpose of password-protecting a stack, since
scripts can be viewed in the IDE (since simply opening the stack in
the IDE unprotects it).

(It still does prevent the code from being read from disk by a text
editor.)

Bottom line: To use the password property effectively in a project
where objects need to be copied, there needs to be some kind of
security check before setting the passkey.

Hope this helps someone down the line!