[OT] "They Criticized Vista. And They Should Know."

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Mar 12 14:54:22 EDT 2008

> Sadly disturbing.  Makes one wonder who's making the
> decisions over in Redmond.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/business/09digi.html?_r=1&or
> ef=slogin

I've told everyone in my company not to upgrade - if we get a new Vista
machine, leave it. But otherwise, don't upgrade. Way, way too many
applications are broken. While some apps have upgrades available, it often
means an expensive upgrade for those applications. We don't need the new
features, just apps that work.

I am just getting my first extended dose of Vista. I picked up a system at
CompUSA during their final hours on an incredible deal. What strikes me the
most about it is that there's lots of eye candy that in larger organizations
means lots of lots of retraining. The differences between Office 2003 and
Office 2007 - why do it?

I would happily pay for a SP 4 and SP 5 for XP Pro with lots of bug fixes
and modest improvements.

Fortunately, Valentina was not terribly impacted by Vista - we've found one
irritating bug and it was addressed easily.

Makes me think of Windows ME. Maybe this should have been instead, Windows
ME 2 :-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President