CGI's on a linux server

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Mar 12 07:59:24 EDT 2008

Yes start using "only" starts using the stack, but what makes you
think the stack is not in memory while being in use?

If you want to use stacks in cgi's, you need to make sure they all
close before the cgi quits. It's just the way it is, and i don't know
exactly why. My guess is, that cgi's do not get the usual "cleanup"
stuff normal apps would get, for efficiencies sake. As you seem
reluctant to try if I'm actually right, here's an example handler you
can try:

#!revolution

global gDataA

on startup

start using stack "rocketscgi.rev"

put the defaultFolder into foo

cgiOutput foo

repeat for each line theLine in the openStacks
close stack theLine
end repeat

end startup