Problem closing non-responsive USB-serial ports

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Mon Mar 10 21:42:57 EDT 2008

Hi Sarah,

Is it OK in your case to ask the OS to intervene? If so, would something
like this work?

on mouseUp
  unmountVolume (the selectedText of fld 1)
  put the result
end mouseUp

on unmountVolume pVolumeName
  put shell("diskutil list") into tList
  filter tList with ("* " & pVolumeName & " *")
  put last word of tList into tDisk
  put shell("diskutil unmount" && tDisk) into tResult
  return tResult
end unmountVolume

--
Phil Davis