Extracting pitch information from sound files

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Fri Mar 7 04:52:59 EST 2008

David,

I'm not sure pitch analyzis is a job for Rev... At least Rev can be used
to build a front-end for data display, but for sound analyzis per se, you'll
be more comfortable with software built for that purpose : just off the top
of my head : some Csound functions or various phase vocoders (some
available as shareware, some for a licence fee like the IRCAM tool (I forgot
the name)... May be can you pick up some specific C/C++ libraries on the
web and use them as externals in your Rev app...

hope that helps,
JB