Revolution Reading GPS Data

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 16:49:22 EST 2008

Graham,

What is the make and model of the device?

Most of the devices that I have seen (even the USB only ones) use
serial commands or a converter to serial commands. I have come across
a few generic USB drivers for things like the Keyspan High Speed
Serial converter. It is a Serial to USB hardware converter. BUT it
uses serial commands in the device, the USB driver only emulates a
serial port on the Mac.

I have also noticed that other types of devices use the same exact
driver. I can look it up if you tell me more.

So a little more info on the device will help.

Tom McG