OSX Authentication box

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Mon Jun 30 10:14:37 EDT 2008

I need to respond to an OSX Authentication dialog box from inside Rev
using Applescript. I tried using the following:

keystroke xxx  (where xxx = the users password)
keystroke return   (to trigger the OK button)

This works fine on my older MacBook using 10.4.11, but for whatever
reason, it doesn't work on a newer desktop Mac (also using 10.4.11).
It just ignores the Applescript "return" command and leaves the
Authentication dialog box open. ("Enable Access for Assistive
Devices" is turned on.)

Is there some other way I can have Rev close that dialog box after
it's used Applescript to insert the password?

Thanks.
Richard Miller