the external rnahello

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Jun 30 09:27:17 EDT 2008

On Jun 29, 2008, at 11:00 PM, -= JB =- wrote:

> I am trying to write and external using XCode by following the
> instructions
> in the Rev newsletter which shows how to create the external rnahello.
>
> I have done everything it said to do but when I Build the external I
> get the
> error:
>
> error: There is no SDK at specified SDKROOT_ppc path '/Developer/
> SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk'
>
> Does anyone know how to correct this error so I can Build the
> external?

I saw that you are using XCode 2.5. If you want to target 10.2 I think
you need to explicitly tell the XCode installer that you want to add
10.2 support. So you could try and reinstall and do a custom install.
If you just want to support 10.3 then you need to change the
SDKROOT_ppc setting in your project build settings. I'm using XCode 3
but I don't think the instructions have changed. Do the following:

1) Open Project Info using the Project -> Edit Project Settings menu
item.
2) In the window that appears select the configuration you want to
edit. I selected Release.
3) Click on the Build tab.
4) Scroll to the bottom of the settings and find "User-Defined". This
is the last section in the list for the project I'm looking at.
5) You should seek SDK_ROOT_ppc defined as /Developer/SDKs/
MacOSX10.2.8.sdk. Just change it to /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk.

Hopefully that will work for you.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems