Downloaded Stack will not recognize Ask and Answer includes in standalone

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Jun 30 06:55:37 EDT 2008

2.9 build 610.. Mac OSX 10.3.2

I'm stuck: I built a stand alone stack.  settings are check to included
selected includes:

ask, answer, cursors, internet, revzip

If I put a button on card 1 of the standalone that has

Answer folder "Choose your slide show content folder (contain an images
and thumbs folder)" with "Exit" or "Ok"

I get a proper dialog prompting to choose a folder and it works and
returns the path as expected.
Ergo: proof: the includes *are* there in the standalone

BUT -- this standalone is a launcher for a stack on the web server --

If I do:

go stack url
"http://www.himalayanacademy.com/runrev/stacks/hap_piclens_publisher.rev"

and the stack is downloaded and opens just fine, but buttons on the
downloaded stack with

Answer folder "Choose your slide show content folder (contain an images
and thumbs folder)" with "Exit" or "OK

are dead...

I tried adding, to the launcher script:

start using stack "HAP_piclens_Publisher" # the name of the stack

but  buttons invoking Ask andAnswer dialogs are still dead, even though
I know for sure they are included in the standalone...

I pretty sure this *used* to work fine in 2.8.... Am I doing something
wrong? It's as if the downloaded stack is unaware of the standalone and
doesn't see it in the message path.

Sivakatirswami