Who is the customer? (RE: rev apps on iPhone?)

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Sun Jun 29 15:15:00 EDT 2008

viktoras,

>  2) openGL 3D or some sort of integration or an ability to talk to some
> 3-rd party crossplatform 3D engine like UNITY or Blender. B.t.w. UNITY
> announced iPhone support this year, so if RR also targets this platform...

sorry for intruding, but this has been in the air since 2002/2003 when Rev
was still MC... actually I even started working on an external for (limited)
openGL control back then...
This has been already discussed at length on this list before (and must still
be available in the archives) but to summarize the point : after a couple of
weeks of work on this project, it bacame obvious that an external was a too limited
approach for openGL access, and that the ability for developpers to add their
own primitives to Transcript would be the right way to proceed...
That was in 2003, but back then RR was busy with other priorities and finally
the idea died...
It was shortly reborn a couple of times in threads about Rev / Transcript possible
improvements, especially the possibility to add our own functions to Revcode,
and more generally around the idea of building a development framework around
Rev that would allow developpers to just jump in and start coding and test new
ideas on their own, before dealing / discussing anything with RR...

But well, that was 4 or 5 years ago, and it seems that some ppl here are still
waiting for a real table object...

JB (who said the "B" stands for "bitter" ?)