Les Anglophones avec les langues excrables.

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 05:14:43 EDT 2008

Dear Rene, Viktorias, Klaus, et al,

There should be no need whatsoever to apologise about the state of your English. Most native English speakers are notoriously bad at other languages.

As a speaker of:

Scots,
really bad schoolboy French,
Scotticised English,
bucket Bulgarian,

and various bits and bobs of Hebrew and Arabic

I can honestly say that I speak from a position of authority in this area!

Forbye on the RR list we should be endlessly impressed that the non-native speakers take such very great pains to write their messages in English at all.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.