more focus in field problems

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Jun 23 04:12:48 EDT 2008

Bonjour Nicolas,

Focus is superfluous if you use select: selecting text focuses
automatically on the field that contains the text.

on openCard
   <other statements>
   select after text of field "MainField"
end openCard
-----------------------------------
on rawKeyUp pKey
   put pKey
   pass rawKeyUp
end rawKeyUp

Works for me as expected.

Le 23 juin 08 à 10:00, Nicolas Cueto a écrit :

> on openCard
>     go invisible stack "someSubstack" as palette
>     resetCardObjects
>     focus on field "mainField"
>     select after the last char of field "mainField"
> end openCard
>

> Along with that, in the script of field "mainField"
> I have this:
>
> on rawKeyUp tTheKey
>    switch tTheKey
> end rawKeyUp
>

> My understanding is that, since the focus is
> set to "mainField" -- and, in addition, because
> of the "select" command (thank you to Scott
> Morrow for that suggestion) -- then when
> I hit a key on the keyboard "rawKeyUp"
> handler in field "mainField" should be
> receiving that keyUp message.
>
> But, it's not.