Checking Internet connection on Vista

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 11:45:34 EDT 2008

I done some further tests, and mostly I'm getting a result with the router
disconnected of less than 30ms now.  I can't reproduce the case where I got
14 seconds.  I had a look at socketTimeoutInterval and it seemed to make no
difference at all.  Still, if you are getting lengthy delays then it looks
like this is not an adequate way to get a speedy test to see if the internet
connection is still alive.

Bernard