Checking Internet connection on Vista

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jun 20 09:19:39 EDT 2008

Bonjour Bernard,

Thanks for your quick test :-)

But may be I was not specific enough:
Here I have a Netgear router that allows me to share Internet
connection between several hard wired computers.
Probably it has something to do with this...
On the other hand I use the same Home Premium Vista version than you.

Internet check is always something tricky because of firewalls,
routers, etc.
Well: why Rev that provides revBrowser does not provide a built-in
function?
:-(

Le 20 juin 08 à 14:58, Bernard Devlin a écrit :

> Eric, it returns immediately for me on Vista if I put this in the
> message
> box:
>
> put empty; put hostNameToAddress("www.google.com") into tx; put tx &&
> finished
>
> regardless of whether there is a network connection.
>
> Could it be something else in your code?  Or your version of Vista
> (mine's
> Home Premium).
>
> Bernard
>
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Eric Chatonet <
> eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> But with Vista, it's another story: it works well if the user is
>> connected
>> but Rev hangs during a long time before returning false if he is not.
>>
>> Any hints to check reliably and quickly Internet connection with
>> Vista
>> would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Best regards from Paris,
>> Eric Chatonet.