Print card -- inconsistent results -- clarification

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 19 22:56:52 EDT 2008

Timothy Miller wrote:

> Meanwhile, I've discovered I cannot reliably replicate all
 >phenomena I previously reported. I've found some inexplicable

>inconsistencies.

Like my backscript. I'll trade you a working field for a preOpenCard
handler.

> I suppose, at this point, something is painfully obvious to everyone but
> me.

Don't think so, or somebody would have said by now. :) I haven't a clue
why it's doing that. My gut says it's something about fonts, but I have
no real evidence. But HC used Geneva and Rev doesn't, and HC used
bitmapped fonts (which print like you're describing) and Rev doesn't,
and...I don't know. Something in there sounds like the reason.

I wonder what would happen if you changed the font on a "bad" field,
saved the stack, and then changed it back. Maybe that would cause Rev to
re-examine the font rendering.

> What is it?

Magic.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com