Card to PDF file

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 14:34:50 EDT 2008

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Tom Johnson
> <tom.quailcreek at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  Hi All,
> > Has anyone found a way in windows to print a card
> to a PDF file? It seems
> > like there should be a way in 2.9.
>
> --- Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
> You also might want to take a look at this library.
> It's very good and easy
> to use:
>
> http://users.telenet.be/quartam/pdf4rev/index.html

Thanks for the intro, Chipp - I'm glad to see you're
putting it to good use, just like Trevor Devore
(Screensteps) and a number of other Rev-wielding
developers.

While the Revolution team added PDF export to version
2.9, it is platform specific - MacOSX has PDF export,
Windows has XPS export and I believe it's Postscript
export on Linux.

Installing a PDF printer driver on your machine is, of
course, an easy way to create PDF files through a
simple 'print' command. Quartam PDF Library may not
have a 'print card' command, but you get a lot more
control over what goes where.

Plus, it's written entirely in Revolution, so it works
cross-platform, without relying on externals or the
user installing extra software. And having seen what
some users have put together in a really short time, I
don't think there's anything wrong with pulling up
your sleeves and doing some scripting :-)

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====